Alive and Kicking Kenya is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team as Marketing Manager and take the lead in growing the brand to the next level.
Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; Implementing Marketing, PR and Communications plans and building the Alive and Kicking brand.
Corporate Organisations and NGOs
• Developing creative proposals for Corporate and NGO clients that create opportunities for partnership and engagements.
• Implement Corporate engagement programs such as Pepeta competitions, corporate challenge events ensuring these are fully sponsored
• Coordinate promotional activities and events with appointed agencies and ensure adherence to company and product guidelines
• Prepare budgets for activations and closely monitor and evaluate programs
• Development and implementation of focused Social media and E-marketing program to increase on-line visibility
• Developing and circulating monthly e-newsletter to our partners
• Develop On-line Donations program in liaison with A+K UK
• Develop communication materials such as flyers, profiles, point of sale materials and promotional materials that enhance corporate brand
• Ensure implementation of new brand in line with A+K UK brand strategy
Events and Forums
• Research and establish relevant forums and events where Alive and Kicking can participate, do presentations and set up sales points in order to create awareness and sales opportunities.
• In liaison with Sales team, organize for A+K’s participation in such events ensuring we maximize opportunities
• Develop a calendar of such events and negotiate costs ahead of time
Public Relations and Media
• Develop a PR and Communications plan to promote A+K’s social impact programs/content marketing
• Identify opportunities for PR by engaging with media and or working with PR agency
• Capture social impact stories and videos that generate media interest and get opportunities to showcase these
• Feedback to A+K UK social impact stories or A+K activities for inclusion in website and on social media
• Develop together with partners and A+K UK, proposals targeted at raising health awareness using sports
• Execution of the programmes following funding
• In liaison with A+K UK and Country Director, research and determine sales distribution model for A+K products across the country and regionally starting with EA region to increase our presence and reach
• Manage the retail business by working with merchandisers to ensure availability of balls at the branches, balls are well displayed and clean and stands are in strategic positions
• Prepare and present to the Management and Board monthly sales and marketing status reports or as required.
• Participate in development of pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
This position may require the jobholder to spend time out of the office in order to execute marketing and sales tasks.
Related Job Experience/Qualifications:
• At least 5 years marketing experience from the retail or consumer sector, who understands the industry and comes with own set of contacts
• Bachelor’s degree with a bias in Marketing. Master’s degree an added advantage.
• Demonstrated ability in strategy formulation
• Excellent PR and Communication skills
• Team player with excellent managerial, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Proposal and Report writing skills
• Event management and organisation
• Proven analytical and negotiation skills
• Ability to travel within and out of the Country
• Proven expertise in achieving sales increase in the past
• Ideas person and ability to think outside the box
• Ability to design marketing content for traditional channels including road shows, press, radio, TV plus social media
• Dynamic and self-driven
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply: Send CV, Application letter and copies of certificates to Alive and Kicking Kenya, Hyundai Motors Go Down No. 3, Behind Vision Plaza, Off Mombasa Road, P.O.Box 27641-00506, Nairobi. Applications can either be sent by hard copy, via Post office or via email; firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than COB 8th Feb 2016.